주메뉴 바로가기 왼쪽메뉴 바로가기 컨텐츠 바로가기

Spirited challenge!Great Gongju!The Challenge which is Force

Gongju National Museum

  • Gongju National Museum
  • Gongju National Museum
  • Gongju National Museum

Gongju National Museum

Gongju National Museum started its operation as Gongju Historic Sites Preservation Association established in 1935 was changed to Gongju Historic Sites Promotion Association in 1940, moved Seonhwadang, the former Gamyeongcheong of Chungcheong-do, and displayed relics of Gongju in that building. In 1946, it was reorganized as Gongju branchof National Museum. In 1971, the internationally recognized relics were excavated and displayed in this museum.

Then, in 1972, the present building was built and in 1975, it grew to Gongju National Museum. This museum displays mainly relics from the period when the capital of Baekje was Gongju, especially, relics excavated from the tomb of King Muryeong. It has two exhibition halls. The first exhibition hall displays the model tomb in the same size as the tomb of King Muryeong and relics from the tomb to enable people to see the inner side of the tomb. The second exhibition hall displays relics excavated in Chungnam district by age.

quick menu
MCT
chungcheongnam-do
KLAFIR
TOP