주메뉴 바로가기 왼쪽메뉴 바로가기 컨텐츠 바로가기

Spirited challenge!Great Gongju!The Challenge which is Force

Sinwonsa

  • Sinwonsa Temple
  • Sinwonsa Temple
  • Sinwonsa Temple

Sinwonsa Temple

Sinwonsa Temple is located in Yanghwari Gyeryong-myeon Gongju as one of three temples in Gyeryong mountain, Donghaksa and Gapsa. Sinwonsa was built by the monk Bodeokhwasang in the 11th year(651) of King Uija's reign of Baekje. Through several expansions, it was renovated by the monk Boryeonhwasang in 1876 and repaired by the monk Manheohwasang in 1946. Then, it formed as it is.

It is told that Sinwonsa was moved to the present location after it was damagd during Japanese invasion in 1592.

It is assumed that the original site may be wide field on the south of Jungakdan and Sinwonsa. The original buildings of Sinwonsa would be here around Geumdangji, but it is not certain because of lack of survey. However, we can recognize that this place was a temple site because there is a five story stone pagoda around this area that is assumed as Geumdangji site.

Shinwonsa Nosana-Bulgwae-Taeng

Shinwonsa Nosana-Bulgwae-Taeng

This is the Gwaebul where the feature of Yeongsanhoe where Nosana-bul on behalf of Birojana-bul- the main Buddha of Hwaeom-jong is preaching sermon on the Yeongchi-san.

Produced in the 22nd year of King Injo's reign (1644), it is drawn with a well-framed composition, fine expression, bright color, etc. in polished skill, being estimated as the representative work of the 16th Century showing the pattern of Buddhist picture in the later era of Chosun.

Gyeryong-san Jungak-dan

Gyeryong-san Jungak-dan

Jungak-dan is the structure of the Chosun era prepared to conduct the religious services for the god of Gyeryong-san in terms of central government. Well preserved, it has historic significance as the only relics that were used for the religious services for the god of mountain in terms of government in the Chosun era.

Shinwon-sa five-storied stone pagoda

Shinwon-sa five-storied stone pagoda

The five-story pagoda stood at the south of Jungak-dan, which is the religious service altar for the god of Gyeryong-san. It is deemed to have been built in the early Koryo era. At the time of disassembly and restoration of the pagoda in December, 1975, Buddha's bones container, Gaewon-tongbo, Hamwon-tongbo, Hwangsong-tongbo, pottery kettle with spout and handle broken and long-necked bottle made of green glass, etc. were found from the first floor body stone of the pagoda.

Shinwon-sa Daewungjeon

Shinwon-sa Daewungjeon

The current building of Daewungjeon is reported to have been built by Boyeon in the 13th year of King Gohjong's reign (1876), where Amita yeorae as its main Buddha, Gwaneum Bosal and Daesejibosal are shrined.

quick menu
MCT
chungcheongnam-do
KLAFIR
TOP